Thursday, April 10, 2014

a poem by stephen krewson


Carefully


From Twitter, using Python NLTK


It seems like no matter how
carefully you choose your words, they
always end up getting twisted by
others. Choose your words, think carefully, and
then speak up your thoughts. Only
advice is to stay aware, listen
carefully, and yell for help if you
need Judy Blume It seems like
no matter how carefully you choose
your words, they always end
up getting twisted by others. Nah,
pick your battles carefully. Friends, I
want to point out, not all
of my tweets are goofy or
silly or lighthearted. When I
put up NSFW or a red flag,
click carefully. She says "I will
carefully do my best with every
part of my personality". Good
evening - drive carefully! - xxx
Sometimes when I see guys in cut-
off shirts I imagine them sitting
at their kitchen table, carefully cutting the
shirt and I can't not laugh just
carefully explained to me what mansplaining
is. *hides in the bushes realizing that
you are not following me I
creep closer and look at you carefully*
"Today I'm giving my heart to
you, please carefully handle it. Not
because it's my heart, but because
you're inside it." It seems like
no matter how carefully you choose
your words, they always end
up getting twisted by others. –Ernest
Hemingway. I like to listen. I
have learned a great deal from listening
carefully. Most people never listen. Of
course it was. I choose my
tunes carefully. I'm not some drugged
up raver. I sit on the sofa,
listening carefully to what you're saying





Stephen Krewson lives in New Haven, CT. He is a student in Yale's PhD program in English. His recent writing uses ~really~ basic techniques from computational linguistics and signal processing to transform and otherwise push around #language.


No comments:

Post a Comment