Thursday, June 4, 2009

a little patience


Politico has an interesting article on LGBT groups impatience with the President. I am still an avid supporter and see that there are many great challenges in this time. I hope Obama will help throw out the idiotic and blatantly discriminatory Don't Ask, Don't Tell policy. However, I agree with Obama that, for now, marriage should be a state by state issue. I believe the movement is gaining more ground and momentum this way. It's also something difficult for the conservatives to argue against since it isn't nationally implemented. If Obama were to decide today that gay marriage be recognized federally, I worry that it would be easily overturned by a future administration--especially because so much of the population continues to be ignorant about homosexuality and the issue is still so controversial.

Here's a clip from an interview with Brian Williams which aired Wednesday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment